Macaroni and Cheese-Justin Wilson Style
1 pound macaroni, cooked and drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper (if you wish)
½ cup dry white wine
2 medium size eggs
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Louisiana hot sauce or ground cayenne pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 12 inch casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, cheddar cheese, half the Romano cheese, and set aside.
3. Put olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan and sauté the onions and bell pepper over medium high heat until the onions are clear.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add wine, mustard, salt, and hot sauce or ground cayenne pepper – mix well.
5. Add the egg mixture and sautéed onion/pepper mixture to the macaroni and mix well.
6. Pour into the casserole dish, top with remaining half of the Romano cheese, and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is crusty and slightly brown.
7. Yield is 10 servings.
According to the web site where this recipe was found, you can chill the leftover macaroni and cheese, then slice it into pieces for a salad the next day.
Dis recipe is plumb good, I garontee!!